Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Labyrinth

'Laberint' oil on linen, 35x27 cm (on process, I think)

This week's topic for Inspire me Thursday is DNA (DNA, short for deoxyribonucleic acid, is a nucleic acid molecule that contains the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms).

I've had this one sitting around waiting to be picked up again, so I.T. gives me a good excuse to get at it and keep on looking for the detailed directions on procedure which I'm supposed to come with. Heh.

9 comments:

Royce Addington said...

What an exceptional metaphor for DNA!...there's no doubt that DNA is a mystical, magical, creative molecular LABYRINTH that continues to challenge human understanding.
This is GREAT!

Deb G said...

I like it :)

Unknown said...

beautiful!

lee said...

I love it

titration said...

It's not easy for me to paint things to look 3d so I appreciate your skill. And the idea of dna and a LABYRINTH is intriguing. Because aren't we all a LABYRINTH in some way? :)

Cheryl said...

I keep coming back to look at this wonderful piece! I love the 3-dimensional quality, and I find the background, particularly within the circle, quite intriguing.

Sherri B. said...

Just beautiful! I love the rich, earthy background colors.

Patricia J. Mosca said...

What a wonderful piece..Love the colors and the 3-D!

iona said...

Thanks for your comments :)

I'm not really sure what I want to do next. That's the worst part in the process, when I like what I see but at the same time I know it's not finished... sigh