Tuesday, March 25, 2008

EDM #64 'Draw your sink'

EDM #64 'Draw your sink'
pen on watercolour stained moleskine

I may be working on it yet. Or maybe not. I was only going to draw my sink after all, and the light and my point of view were changing all the time. I'm tired.

Since I use to spend the first 5-10 minutes scaring myself at the sight of the blank page and wondering how on earth I'm going to draw that every time I'm about to draw something, I've decided to record the first mark on the paper for any drawing (It's easier on Flickr with 'notes'). Maybe I'll learn something. Maybe not.

5 comments:

E-J said...

I love the watercolour staining - it really makes the sketch!

india flint said...

great drawings..and the seeming randomness of the watercolour perfectly complements the precision and definition of the linework

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Just found your blog! This is one of my favourites of yours. Brilliant. How did you come up with the colours? They are so good. Must put you on my blogroll. NOW!

iona said...

Thanks all for commenting :)

The colours are in fact random ;). Since the moleskine sketchbook doesn't take watercolours too well, I paint over a glass and then monoprint into the moleskine page. Sometimes I use the stains to start a drawing and sometimes, as in this case, I use it as a decorative background.

iona said...

And thanks Andrea for adding me to your blogroll! :)